Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ladies, I am a barber. Would you tell my customers whether or not you think the fade is dead?

My contention is while various short hair styles are great, a razored bald to the scalp side faded up to a 1/3" or less on top is dumb %26amp; outdated looking. My defense includes:



a.) not one of the hottest guys in People or People in Spanish wear a fade.



b.) Jay Z, Em, Luda, Puffy, Iverson, Kobe, Carmelo, Steve Nash, Dirk, either Manning, Matt Lienart, T.O., Shaq, Reggie Bush, major rockers, ballers, rappers, actors, and generally fellas regarded as cool aren't caught dead with a fade



or



c.) in the case of ladies names like J-Lo, Eva Longoria, Jenny McCarthy, Pamale Anderson, Scarlett Johanson, Tyra, Gwen Stefani, these ladies aren't SEEN with guys with fades since about 1997 when the style WAS cool..



Am I right?



Again, a tennis ball like buzz cut isn't what I'm refering to. I contend a clippered top with even shorter clippered sides %26amp; back is outdated.



Ladies, I am a barber. Would you tell my customers whether or not you think the fade is dead?

I still cut my husband's hair in a fade, and see lots of other guys around with the same style. Of course, we don't live in the fashion capital of the world or anything like that...



I think it's great that you're interested in different styles...the barber my husband used when I first met him only did one style. No matter what the guys asked for, they all came out with hairstyles identical to the barber's. It was kind of funny...I used to sit outside and wait for my husband and I would always want to laugh seeing all the guys coming out with identical hair.



Ladies, I am a barber. Would you tell my customers whether or not you think the fade is dead?

I asked a yes or no queston and not one reply answered yes or no. Report It



Ladies, I am a barber. Would you tell my customers whether or not you think the fade is dead?

What would you suggest for a 13 year old that still thinks this style is cool? He has very thick black straight hair with no body, curl.



Ladies, I am a barber. Would you tell my customers whether or not you think the fade is dead?

i think that my husband gets that kind of haircut, and he looks nice with it.



if you don't like it, then don't get it done to your head. i don't care what the top 50 hottest guys in People look like.



Ladies, I am a barber. Would you tell my customers whether or not you think the fade is dead?

Well I live next to a military base in Virginia and it is VERY popular around here! I think that it makes a man look clean and presentable. MANLY!



Now, I don't know where you live, but I think that you need to stop thinking so superficial and materialistic! Who cares what celebs are doing. They are just like everyone else except they have people TELLING them what to wear and how to do their hair/make-up!



I say let your clients make up their own mind how they want to do their hair. After all they have to live with it not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment