Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to go about getting a certain hair style?

I wear glasses, have a round face, with long(probably mid-back length) straight hair(when it's dry. when it's wet there's some wave to it) thats rather thick. I want a Meg Ryan type style, (similar to this: http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/galle... short and wavy. I've had perms before, and I've had short hair before. Which order should I go in - hair cut first, then perm, or perm first, then style? I don't want bangs, but otherwise I'm pretty open. Any ideas? And what kind of perm do I ask for so I don't end up with a 'fro?



Thanks!



How to go about getting a certain hair style?

I could not see the picture in the link.



Be realistic in your expectations. Any hairstyle where you have to alter your natural texture may also mean that you will have high maintenance to keep it looking that way.



It would be a good idea to go to the same stylist (it would be nice if the stylist) has experience doing all the services that are required for the style that you desire.



Bring a picture or two to the salon and show it to the stylist. Ask questions. Also, try to get a style that you won't have to spend two hours every morning doing. Ask the stylist to show you how to style your new hairstyle.



A good stylist shouldn't become impatient if you ask a lot of questions. It's your hair and you want to look good. If she/he tells you that Meg's style is not right for you, ask the person to show you a style that would be more appropriate. If you don't feel comfortable for whatever reason, leave before the service.



Your best bet is to go to a place that has a good reputation and if you feel that they treat you well.



Good luck.



How to go about getting a certain hair style?

I don't know to much about perms since I'm black and we use relaxers, but I know you should get the perm first then cut it, because if you cut then perm, the hair might turn out being uneven. There's a chance that your hair will be uneven if you perm then cut but atleast it going to be styled so you can't tell, also talk to your stylist, they should know the best route to go

No comments:

Post a Comment