Friday, April 27, 2012

Updo/formal hairstyles for short hair?

I recently cut my hair from mid-back length to above shoulder length and have not really figured out different ways of styling it yet. I have a Mardi Gras ball coming up next weekend and am trying to think of a way to make it look more formal. My cut is slightly A-symmetrical , the longer side being about an inch below my chin and the shorter side being about an inch above. If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated, especially if it were way to put it up. Thanks!



Updo/formal hairstyles for short hair?

I've always had a hard time leaving my hair alone - I go from really long to really short, or blond to red to black to brown.I've been trying to let mine grow out again %26amp; right now am at a chin length bob, pretty even %26amp; blunt cut all around, no layers.鑱?One of the things I like to do is after shampooing %26amp; a GOOD conditioner, use a setting spray or mousse, but not a heavy gel, then roll small sections of hair in different size velcro rollers, %26amp; roll them all in different directions.鑱?You can either let air dry or use a blow dryer, but I prefer the air dry method, a few hours if you have time.鑱?After I take the rollers out, I bend %26amp; flip hair upside down, then finger-comb, while I spray %26amp; sprunch with fingers. Top it all off with a stiff headband, the plastic kind with the comb teeth, which will section %26amp; smooth the bangs back, but push the rest back into a halo or corona of curls.鑱?This looks great for formal or casual; if formal add some sparkling earrings %26amp; a necklace to emphasize your neck %26amp; shoulders.Good luck!



Updo/formal hairstyles for short hair?

The style I am thinking of is kind of hard to explain, but I will try! I couldn't find the right picture!



Take small sections of your hair from the front and twist them with your finger until they resemble a knot. Take a pretty clip, maybe a diamond looking one and secure the knot to the back of your head. Do this with all of the hair from the front of your head in a straight line accross the top/back of your head. Leave the rest of your hair down.

No comments:

Post a Comment