Monday, April 16, 2012

The Mullet?

As a Canadian, I had heard rumours of the Mullet (hair style: short on the top, long at the back) was making a return in Asia and Europe. Sure enough, I arrived in Germany for a 6 month internship to find out this was true! Most of the guys at my gym are sporting it (most are high school aged, but some are early 20's).



Now this is by far the most made-fun-of hair style in North America. Is this come back 1) a good thing for fashion and society, and 2) do you think it will take off in North America, where generally fashion trends are a year behind, however will surely face some resistance?



This is not a serious post/question, so please take it as such...



The Mullet?

Eh, probably not. Most americans (and canadians) realize that it is about the worst hairstyle ever. It happened in the 80's and I'm praying it will stay there. However, there HAS been a lot of 80's revival clothing out recently (do leggings ring a bell?).... But, still hideous. Still a symbol of redneck southernism. I'm going to say that's a no.



The Mullet?

oh goodness i hope not i hate the 'business in the front party in the back' hairstyle.



The Mullet?

The Mullet is OVER,



If it isn't... I'm not going near anyone who has one.. IT'S NOT SEXY it's freaky....



The Mullet is DEAD... The Mullet should stay in the 70's.... and should never be summoned from it's resting place. :D



Have you noticed alot of older men are bringing it back? It's funny because it says.. I haven't got over the 70's, I'm an old loser and I think I'm cool :D They are so in denial.



Just looked it up and yeah Mullet was from the 70's.



The Mullet?

Actually it is back, and on Girls no less. But they call it "Scene Hair" now.



The Mullet?

This is just crazy..I thought we buried that hairstyle LONG ago! I just found an old prom pic from the late 80's..my date had a mullet! I had totally forgotten about that!



So..NO...I hope it does not make a come back...if so, my son will be asking for it soon...just to annoy me. lol



And..yes, I have seen women with it and let me tell ya...That is just WRONG!



The Mullet?

it is a very unattractive haircut



The Mullet?

Mullets are hilarious.... hideous, but hilarious.



The Mullet?

OH NO!! I hate mullets! Where I live and do hair, the mullet hasn't gone away! It is terrible! I see so many guys walk in and say, "just trim the back and shorten the top, don't want it touching my ears"!!!!! I hate them and I refuse to cut hair into a mullet or help preserve a mullet. I think they are not cool and I really hope they don't make a "huge" comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment