Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Styleing and other things for thick hair?

Ok, I have really thick hair. When people touch my hair, they think of horse tails. Because it's thick, my hair is wavey. I have short hair too(rests on my shoulders).



So the question is, how can I straighten my super thick short hair and style(like bed head) the back of my hair(basicaly stacking it).



What's the best hair straightner thats the skinny kind(i have short hair so I need to get up high at the roots).



Also, how can I thin my hair? I've had my styleist ravor cut my hair, but it never really worked that well.



Also(sorry, lol), what's a good conditioner I could use(FRIZZY! Especialy after blow drying)



Also, I have only about 20 minutes before school every morning, but I can straighten and blow dry at night as long as it'll be the same in the morning.



Any help would be appreciated :-)



p.s. My hair is dyed



p.p.s. preferably, it's be nice to find these products at CVS or Walgreens or soome other common pharmacy



Styleing and other things for thick hair?

Ok, thick frizzy hair is a nightmare and it's taken me about 20 years to figure out what to do with mine so here's a few tips.



1. Sounds like your hair is dry - if that is the case, DON'T wash it too often! I generally wash mine every 4/5 days. Might sound a bit gross but trust me it is so much healthier for your hair.



2. Get a good conditioner - Frizz ease or something like that. Also, go easy on the shampoo - it'll dry your hair out more.



3. Learn how to blow dry properly. ALWAYS use heat protective serum and if you want to dry it straight, use a round brush.



4. Get some good ceramic straighteners. Dead cheap these days GHD is probably the best.



With little time to do your hair everyday, it really will work out better if you just don't wash it as much. You'll see a huge difference in the quality of your hair and if you dry it right it should just need a little straightening top up every so often.



Good luck!!



Styleing and other things for thick hair?

I so feel your pain. I have thick hair as well that I can't seem to manage without my flat iron. I use a Babyliss ( http://www.babyliss-hair-tools.com/babyl... ) every morning. I know it's a little expensive depending which country you're in, but for thick hair, it's the only one that will work wonders. As far as conditionners goes, I use L'oreal Vive pro for coloured hair that's dry, so my hair doesnt get as frizzy. hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment